Saturday, January 25, 2014

In Memoriam: Justin "JewWario" Carmical

Today I and many others are standing together in sadness for a fallen friend.

April 11, 1971 - January 23rd, 2014


Just now I was informed that Justin "JewWario" Carmical passed away on Thursday January 23rd. He was 42 years old.

Justin was known for his love and knowledge of import games and the like. He had a fun loving and bubbly personality that many found to be quite charming. He was fond of kittens and squeed at the very sound or image of the word. Justin was also like a brother, a father figure and a wonderful husband to his wife Jen.

I remember seeing you for the first time in a stream with Jonathan Mann when he was known as Gamejew. Then you joined ThatGuywithTheGlasses and I instantly became fascinated with your videos and love for classic enka and jpop. If I were to find out about your Arcana you would have been the Lovers. It made sense because you had this loving person about you that stood out as one who everyone would look up to as the nicest sweetest person ever met. Now, we stand as one in knowing, that love we (fans, friends and family) shared will be forever.

Justin, though you may know it or not but everyone loved you, man. You were the gentle giant that everyone wanted to hug. And you did so with gravitas and we enjoyed the time spent with you either at conventions or locally. I will always appreciate and cherish the time you, Jen, Sam and Mark came over to Fanime for the first time. Through the somewhat brief friendship you and I had I always had a smile on my face when you received my post cards and for the time Japanese Kit Kats. Thanks for your time on my paltry college radio show. It was fun and wished I had you on again sooner. You put the fun in funny, the friend in family, and the EEEEE in your squee.

Jen, I and many others would like to extend our condolences and arms for you in your time of need. Though we are only limited to only a screen to express our sadness, in spirit everyone is there for you.

Everyone will mourn on their own and soon move on from there, but remember those times that you met Justin in person and online and cherish them as much as you can.

Farewell JewWario. Remember, you were never alone. It's been real.



See ya Space Cowboy


Bang

No comments:

Post a Comment