Saturday, July 13, 2013

Rare's Quickie Reviews: Pacific Rim

Today's review: Pacific Rim

Huh. This movie looks cool, and everyone seems to be hyped. I guess I better go see it.

Wonder if my date will get here. Oh there's this social link I gotta do. Better get to it.

$25 if I get it online? Fuck that. Better wait in line... well that was short.

Wonder if she'll get here (7:10p.m) Oh good you're here.

Date: What's this movie about?
Me: Giant robots vs. giant monsters

Holy shit! Nice! OH COME ON! DQ ON THE KAIJU WITH THAT MOVE!! Oh damn! Seismic Toss into the city! Charlie Hunnam?! Nicholas Nickleby? What a career move this guy did. Ooh, Rinko has some nice blue streaks in her hair. Chain sword slice! Nice. They do look almost all the same. It's almost as if... -knifed-

2.11 hours later

Damn. That was a great movie. Wonder what my date thought?
Date: OMG THAT WAS AWESOME!! Guillermo del Toro?! What a twist! I owe you for this great time.

Me: (How do I respond to this?)
  Glad you had a good time
  That can be arranged
>How about Wolverine?

Date: I do love to oggle at Hugh Jackman, so you better bring a bucket.~

Me: Jokes on her I'll actually do just that.

Overall, this was a slobberknocker of a film. Transformers ain't got shit on this. Action was incredible, the human drama was great, and it felt absolutely satisfying watching it. It's as simple as giant mechs vs giant monsters (Kaiju). However, since it was a full house when I went to see it, I wonder how many pants people brought after shitting themselves watching this?

And since I am now obligated to see Wolverine, I better bring 2 buckets in case of emergency.

2 comments:

  1. The characters and script kind of blow, but the action is always there to save the day. Nice review Matt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you. It wasn't much, I just wrote my thoughts while watching the movie. Thus this was a quickie.

      Delete